last weekend, daddy and i took petey on a parents date - just the three of us. betsy got a sitter and stayed home and played in peace and quiet, getting her little fingers on any and all toys she could handle without worrying about big brother swooping in and stealing it all away. we had a wonderful time with our little man and enjoyed being able to give him our undivided attention for an entire day. he had a grand time and was absolutely mesmerized by the new blue horizons dolphin show which was full of cirque-du-soleil inspired human acrobatics (dressed like birds and other creatures). he went strong the entire day and probably could have lasted even longer but we left around 3 to be sure we could get home to get dinner accomplished before he completely collapsed in an exhausted heap. thanks little man for showing us how to appreciate all the joy of discovery through the eyes of a two year old. :)
1 comment:
What fun. I was older than this when my parents (your "grands") too me to Lincoln Park Zoo all by myself. Lori and Dianne stayed home with G&G Zillhart. I still remember it as a very special day that I got to have my parents all to myself! It made a very strong impression on my if I can still remember...since it was a hundred years ago!
Post a Comment